Compumotor’s ZETA6104 is a stand-alone, single-axis drive/indexer system. The ZETA6104 packs all the power and reliability of the 6000 family of controllers and ZETA drives into one convenient package. All of the I/O points, RS-232C/RS422/RS485 control, operator interface options and following capabilities for single-axis applications are included. The following package can perform phase shifts, electronic gearbox, and flying cutoff functionality with ease.
The ZETA6104 package was made for easy and reliable installation. The connections are on removable screw terminals and a standard 50-pin header allowing simple installation and cable routing without having to cut off and reattach a connector.
The ZETA6104 is designed to solve single-axis applications cleanly and completely. For multiple-axis applications, up to 99 ZETA6104s can be daisy chained (32 ZETA6104s can be multi-dropped using RS-422/RS-485) to work together.
In order to speed your application development, the ZETA6104 comes standard with Motion Architect, a Microsoft Windows-based development packages. Motion Architect contains many tools which allow you to easily create and implement motion programs. The ZETA6104 is also compatible with Motion Toolbox™, DDE6000 Server, and Motion Builder software packages.
The ZETA6104 uses the 6000 Series command language. This popular language is powerful enough to implement complex motion control applications and simple enough to not overwhelm the novice programmer. The ZETA6104 is your single-axis solution.
The ZETA’s Electronic Viscosity (patent pending) complements the L20 linear step motor. The result is slow-speed smoothness and reduced end-of-move settling time.
- One axis package drive/indexer
- Electronic Viscosity (patent pending) benefits:
– Reduce settling time
– Increase slower speed smoothness
(reduce velocity ripple)
– Reduce audible noise
- Motor short circuits (phase-to-phase and phase-to-ground)
- Overtemperature of internal drives and power supply
- Overvoltage (protects against overvoltage from regeneration)
- Power dump (dissipates excess voltage caused by load regeneration) I/O
- Encoder channels configurable as hardware up/down counters
- Incremental encoder input
- POS (up) and NEG (down) end-of-travel limit inputs
- Home limit input
- Two fast (trigger) inputs for position capture, registration, etc.
- 16 programmable inputs (Opto-22 compatible)
- Eight programmable outputs (Opto-22 compatible)
- One auxiliary programmable output
- 150 Kbytes of non-volatile memory for storing programs and paths
- Interrupts program execution on error conditions
- Encoder and motor position capture (using the trigger inputs)
- Registration (using the trigger inputs)
- Selectable damping (programmable) to optimize performance for changing loads
- Variable storage, conditional branching and math capability
- Program debug tools – single-step and trace modes, breakpoints, error messages and simulation of I/O
- Motion Architect, Microsoft Windows-based application development software
- DOS®-based program editor and terminal emulator software
- Dynamic Link Library (DLL) provided for use with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Windows NT software development kits
- Motion Toolbox library of LabVIEW® virtual instruments (VIs) for icon-based programming of Compumotor’s 6000 Series controllers
- Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) server available allowing data exchange between different Windows software applications
- Motion Builder provides a visual-development environment for graphical icon-based programming of the 6000 Series product
- Direct interface to RP240 Remote Operator Panel
- Operates stand-alone or interfaces to PCs, PLCs and thumbwheels
- Communication with PC or dumb terminal via
3-wire RS-232C interface
- One RS-232C communication port
- One RS232C/422/485 configurable port
- Stand-alone indexer/drive package
- Status/fault LEDs to confirm proper operation (four diagnostic LEDs)
- Removable connectors for easy installation
- 120VAC (170VDC bus voltage)