EMC Compliance Packaged Ministepping Systems
The highly-successful PD Series, featuring 4000-step resolution and a universal “go anywhere” power supply, has now been extended with the addition of a CE-marked version. This version complies with the European Union’s EMC and Low-Voltage Directives, requirements for products to be sold in Europe. Available either with a step-direction input or with a powerful built-in indexer, the drive incorporates all necessary line filter components—no external add-on units are required.
The PD-E Series features a 70VDC bus, a peak output current of 3A or 5A/phase and 4000 step/rev resolution to give smooth rotation at all speeds. The drive operates from all AC supply voltages in the 100-240V range without adjustment. This is achieved using an integral switch-mode power supply that incorporates power factor correction. There is extensive built-in protection to guard against overheating, short circuits and supply faults. For applications requiring rapid deceleration of high-inertia loads, an alternative version is available with a built-in regenerative power dump.
- CE marked with full EMC and LVD compliance
- Designed and manufactured in accordance with an ISO9001-approved Quality Management System
- Torques from 60 oz-in (0.4 Nm) to 900 oz-in (6.4 Nm)
- Speeds up to 50 rps (3,000 rpm)
- Two current ranges 0.9–3.0 A and 2.5–5.0 A peak
- Recirculatory current control reduces drive and motor heating and increases motor duty cycle performance
- Four selectable motor resolutions between 400 and 4,000 step/rev
- Selectable standby mode reduces drive and motor heat
- Internal noise suppression filters included
- Extensive drive protection features—short circuit, over temperature, over/undervoltage and internal supply fail
- Regenerative power dump option available on 5A drives to increase deceleration performance on large inertia loads
- LED indicators for power and fault
- Single connector for all control signals reduces cabling costs
- Eight optional motors with 10 ft (3 m) cable. Available in 23, 34 and 42 frame sizes.
- Drives come complete with all mating connectors.
- Wide range AC supply input 105–240VAC ±10% at